Monday, February 24, 2014

Farewell, Looking Glass and Irreconcilable Differences

As promised, Looking Glass and Irreconcilable Differences are discontinued. Amazon has a few physical copies left, and I have loads of them, so they're not yet unobtainium.

As time permits, I will re-set both novels for ebook use. Whether they'll be free or not bears further consideration.

It's all kind of sad. My first two novels are probably done now. Over time, looking at them through the lens of my writing now, they're rough in spots - especially the paragraphing - but they hold up pretty well as stories. I don't plan on giving them a heavy edit to clean up the paragraphing and fix the rough spots - I don't really have time and they're not earning me money at this point - but I will be poking through them again in some fashion or other, so anything's possible.

-JRS

4 comments:

Patrick Todoroff said...

Stopped by to say hello. Been a while - apologies.

My .02 as someone who owns and likes both those books? Convert 'em ebook format, charge the $2.99 minimum, then send out the hardcopies to readers and reviewers.

Than write something else. Please.

JRS said...

Thanks for the kind words. As it happens, I have a new novel done and another in development. Neither of them are sold yet, though. I do have half a double-novel with Jeff Duntemann. See: http://www.amazon.com/Drumlin-Circus-On-Gossamer-Wings/dp/1932084010/ref=tmm_pap_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1397279312&sr=8-1

-JRS

WRBones said...

As someone who just finished Irreconcilable Differences (I read Looking Glass earlier this year), I can only echo Mr Todoroff's plea for some new stuff.

It's also kinda cool that my two new favourite authors should be commenting together, allowing me the opportunity to hob-nob with the in-crowd.

Scott said...

Scott Humphries here... yup, been a long time since we've talked. I'll email you off-line, I've recently started to try to make a reconnection to publishing (not with Flying Pen Press of course). I've found another small publisher of genre fiction. The editor seemed to be very friendly at this past Dragon Con. Assuming all rights are back to you, I'd suggest you contact them, explain your situation and see if they'd be interested in republishing these two novels. They have mentioned that they've published previously self pubbed people as well. Now where did I put your email address...

Blog Archive