Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thoughts on Nano

Once again, late to getting something on my blog, strung out in the last stages of Nano. (I cracked 40,000 words today). And naturally, I find myself without recyclable content to post. So I'm going to post this little bit of silliness that started going through my head about a thousand words into today's output.

(To the tune of I'm Gonna Be by The Proclaimers)

When I wake up, well I know I'm gonna write, I'm gonna write another couple thousand words.

At Panera I got a frequent eater card, and I've eaten every salad on the board.

If I get drunk, well I know I'm gonna fall, I'm gonna fall behind a couple thousand words.

And I can't give up. Yeah I know I can't give up, I can't give up though I'm behind ten thousand words.

(refrain)
And I will write 500 words and I will write 500 more just to write my fifty-thousand words 'bout steampunk old West zombie whores...

Ok, I'll stop now. Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate it.

-JRS

No comments:

Blog Archive